From signature drinks, to personalized wedding favors; Brides and Grooms are stepping outside the box to weave personal hobbies or interests into the wedding ceremony and reception. Inviting your guests into a personalized environment will set the tone for a one-of-a-kind wedding celebration. This will not only leave an impression on your guests, but will also give family and friends an accurate reflection of you as a couple!
I have compiled a list of some of the most popular personalized details that you can incorporate into your wedding ceremony and reception. (In no particular order)
- A specially designed monogram that can be used for Save-the-Dates, invitations, stamps, programs, Gobo lighting, napkins, table décor, etc…will set your wedding apart from others.
- Wedding trinkets as favors are beginning to become a thing of the past. Consider giving a donation on behalf of your guests to your favorite organization or ministry. Set cards in a basket at the guest book table or at each place setting explaining the organization/ministry and that you have or plan to make a donation on their behalf as a thank you for attending your wedding.
- Consider D.I.Y.(Do It Yourself) wedding décor. Make centerpieces, bouquets and boutonnieres out of fabric, vintage broaches, fabric, paper pinwheels and flowers. This will sure to be a show stopper and so unique to your personal colors, style and tastes. Pinterest.com is a great resource to find some of these ideas that will give you step-by-step tutorials on how to make them.
- The food is one of the most important details of a wedding. Pick foods that are special to you and your fiancé. Whether it is Filet Mignon, or macaroni and cheese; your guests will love to eat a fun variety that represents your personal likes and dislikes as a couple. Consider placing a menu at each place setting that shares a fun experience you had together with each food item represented on the menu. This may take time, but will be a fun project for you and your fiancé to do together.
- Personalizing vows are still a great way to step away from traditions and make special memories for not only you as a couple, but for your guests as well.
- The “wedding cake” is one place where you can use your artistic abilities and give your guests something to remember. From Cake balls, to cupcakes, to 7 tiered wedding cakes; your imagination can run wild. The colors, textures, height, width, floral, or bling is a great place to show off your quirky, simple, elegant, shabby chic or modern personalities.
- Personalize your guest book. Consider having your guests sign rocks that you can later put in a vase or make into door mat. Do a picture book. Designate someone to take a picture of each of your guests as they walk into the ceremony that you will put into a book later. You could have guests write a wish to hang on a wishing tree that can be saved in a scrapbook. If you want the traditional book, you may just want to D.I.Y. to make it unique.
Now that you have some inspiration, don’t forget to reminisce as a couple and enjoy each step during the planning process. Happy planning!