If you've been looking for a cozy place in Wichita to enjoy some sweet treats, your search is over. Sweetly Scrumptious has become the place in Wichita for delicious baked goods, and their bakery is just as sweet as their treats.
You'll find many different kinds of baked sweets at Sweetly Scrumptious. They are best known for their cake-inspired treats: cupcakes and cakeballs. They aren't serving up your ordinary cupcakes; their flavors are original and to die for. Some of their greatest flavors are available year round, like Strawberry Shortcake- fresh strawberry cake filled with strawberry whipped cream and topped with vanilla buttercream and strawberry sprinkles. (Yum!) Or there's the Grasshopper- rich chocolate cake filled with mint chocolate cream and then topped with chocolate mint buttercream frosting, thin mint Girl Scout cookies and mini chocolate chips. Sweetly Scrumptious also offers several seasonal flavors that are only available for a short time of the year. For summer they have the Lemon Drop and Pina Colada. The Lemon Drop is lemon cake with vanilla lemon buttercream frosting with fresh lemon zest and topped with crushed lemon drops. The Pina Colada is a pineapple vanilla cupcake filled with whipped pineapple cream and topped with vanilla buttercream, toasted coconut, cherry and a fufu umbrella.
Their cakeballs come in many flavors similar to their cupcakes. If you haven't ever had a cakeball before, you absolutley have to try one. It's like taking a whole cupcake and putting it in a hardened chocolate shell, and making it (almost) bitesize. Since the cakeballs are smaller and cheaper than the cupcakes, you can try more flavors without stuffing your belly. (Or emptying your wallet.)
Sweetly Scrumptious also offers a couple different kind of cookies. There's normal cookies, available in flavors like chocolate chip M&M, english toffee and red velvet whit chocolate chip. Then there's chocolate dipped peanut butter cookies. The last is sugar cookies. Their sugar cookies come in a range of shapes and sizes, and are all hand-decorated.
If cupcakes and cookies aren't your thing, there's still plenty to chose from at Sweetly Scrumptious. All of these additional treats are made to order, so they have to be ordered in advance:
- Caramel Apples- Granny Smith apples are dipped in caramel and then rolled in your choice of topping: oreo delight, pecan pie, M&M crunch, sweet toffee, peanut butter cup and nut job.
- Cheesecake Bites: Fresh cream cheese and homemade cookie crumb crust is used to make these tiny treats. You can get them topped with your choice of topping: rasberry melba drizzle, chocolate drizzle, strawberry drizzle, fresh seasonal berries, caramel or turtle.
- Chocolate Dipped Doughnut Balls: Cream filled doughnuts are dipped in chocolate then drizzled with white chocolate.
- Chocolate Dipped Pretzels: Get your pretzel sticks dipped in either chocolate, white chocolate or dark chocolate.
- Chocolate Dipped Strawberries: Fresh strawberries are dipped in dark chocolate. Additional toppings include: white chocolate drizzle, crushed toffee, oreo cookies and toasted pecans. The strawberries can also be dressed up in tuxedos and wedding dresses, and seasonal favorites and specialty themed strawberries are available.
- Double Dutch Chocolate Brownies: These rich brownies are topped with either chocolate ganache or powdered sugar.
- Fluffy Pies: Fluffy pies are two palm-sized cakes that sandwich a filling. Choose from traditional, chocolate peanut butter, espresso and chocolate chip.
- Homemade Muffins: Delicious, fresh muffins are available in lemon poppyseed, chocolate chocolate chunk, strawberry cheese, cinnamon struesal, banana nut and blueberry.
- Rice Crispy Treats: This childhood favorite gets a boost with mix ins like M&Ms, chocolate chips, toffee pieces and gummy bears.
Sweetly Scrumptious has all the delicious treats to make your next party a success. Looking for something a little more unique? Sweetly Scrumptious offers their bakery up for birthday parties. You and your guests can bake and decorate your own cupcakes. This can be fun for kids, but Sweetly Scrumptious offers a twist for adult parties: cocktail-inspired cupcake flavors. These parties can be a treat for all ages.
Sweetly Scrumptious is located at 6476 E. Central in Normandie Shopping Center. Their hours are Tuesday-Friday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. They are closed and only available by appointment on Sunday and Monday.
For more information, check them out at www.sweetlyscrumptious.com or call (316)681-2253.