The 18th Annual ArtAID show is moving to Wichita’s Century II Convention Hall this year. The event will take place on Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 7:30 PM.
“The move to Century II was a no-brainer,” said Graham Ross of Planet Hair. “To make the show even bigger and better than before, we need a bigger stage. We’re also excited to have more tickets available this year, since our event was selling out the previous location.”
ArtAID was created over 19 years ago in Wichita, Kansas. Since then, the event has raised over 1.5 million dollars for charity. The show is known as one of the Wichita’s most fun parties of the year that combines silent and live auctions, dance performances and a special runway fashion show.
The proceeds from this event will benefit Positive Directions, with all money staying local to benefit the Wichita community.
What To Expect At This Year’s ArtAID 18:
1) New Location: Century II Convention Hall, 225 W Douglas Ave, Wichita, KS
2) Cocktails: A cocktail reception will kick-off the event at 7:30 PM and will be located in two lounges. The reception will include live performances and special guests stars.
3) Live Auction: A live auction will begin at 8:30 PM with art work donated by artists and collectors from Wichita. Raffle items will be donated by local and national businesses.
4) Runway Fashion Show: The anticipated fashion show extravaganza will begin at 9:30 PM. The show will include fashion clothing from local businesses, such as Aspen Boutique and Section 37. Planet Hair will provide the runways costumes, makeup, hair and production.
5) Special Dance Production: A ‘no-holds-barred Vegas-caliber show’ will include acrobats and local dancers.
6) Theme: This year’s theme is “Hollywood Lights.”
Tickets for the event will be available at the door for $75 and in advance for $65 at Positive Directions, 414 South Commerce; Planet Hair, 504 East Douglas and Bluebird Arthouse, 924 West Douglas.
Art Preview Party
The public will have the opportunity to see the art donated for the live and silent auction at the free Art Preview Party on Wednesday, October 10th from 5 p.m. until 9 p.m. at Divers Studio, located at 424 South Commerce in Wichita.
Guests at this event will help create a painting to be auctioned off during the live auction. Refreshments will be provided by Taste and See Restaurant.
About the ArtAID Show
The ArtAID event incorporates the generosity of sponsors Planet Hair, Greteman Group, KWCH 12 and The KSCW, with contributing artists and collectors, and the talent of local and national dancers and acrobats, musicians, clothing designers, models and actors and hundreds of volunteers to present an evening that’s entertaining and breathtakingly beautiful.