The holidays are a time for family and joy. For families with older relatives, it’s also a time to check on their health and make sure they’re being taken care of. The end of the year is a busy time for hospice and home health care, because many family members realize their loved ones need extra care. This holiday season, run through this check list from Harry Hynes Memorial Hospice, to see if it’s time to consider hospice care. Remember, hospice care isn’t just for the last weeks of life- it’s care for anyone living with a life-limiting illness. It’s never too early to call and get information.
If you answer “yes” to any of the following questions, Harry Hynes Memorial Hospice recommends you call for additional information:
- Has your loved one been hospitalized or been to the emergency room several times in the past six months?
- Has your loved one had difficulty recovering from a recent illness?
- Have they started taking medication to lessen physical pain?
- Does your loved one spend most of the day in a chair or in bed?
- Has your loved one fallen several times recently?
- Have they needed more help with bathing, dressing, getting out of bed, walking or eating?
- Has your loved one started feeling weaker or more tired?
- Is your loved one experiencing weight loss, making their clothes fit looser?
- Have you noticed your loved one experiencing shortness of breath, even while resting?
- Have you been told by a doctor that your loved one has a life-limiting illness?
It’s free to call Harry Hynes Memorial Hospice with questions, and to get more information. By calling, you are not committing you or your loved one to anything. If you’d like to find out more information online, visit http://www.hynesmemorial.org/we-can-help.
Disclosure: This content is provided by or on behalf of a local business. The content is not subject to the editorial policies of the FetchToto newsroom and is not reviewed for accuracy, objectivity or balance.